0

Publicly declaring one’s assets could exposed itself to a danger situations, according to Federal Territories minister Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor.

He said a public declaration might turn his family into a target for criminals.

“I would not declare it to the public because I used to be a businessman. I have a lot of assets,” said Tengku Adnan to reporters this morning.

“I am not going to declare what I have, because if I do, I’m afraid that my children or wife may be kidnapped. All kinds of things can happen. Robbers could come after us.”

Tengku Adnan said he already makes annual declarations to the prime minister, and the mayor of Kuala Lumpur, Amin Nordin Abdul Aziz, to the chief secretary to the federal government.

On Friday, PKR communications director Fahmi Fadzil had urged Tengku Adnan and Amin Nordin to declare their assets to the public, after Tengku Adnan said procedures in the ministry and officers’ asset declarations would be re-examined in the light of the arrests of three civil servants, including one from DBKL, on corruption charges.

“The boy from PKR telling me to declare – I think there is something wrong with his head,” he said, according to Malaysiakini. “We ministers and all senior officers have to declare (our assets).”

Source -FMT-


Post a Comment

 
Top