0

Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim's newly appointed international legal adviser is seeking an explanation from the Home Minister as to why she was denied access to her client.

Kimberley Motley, the latest addition to Anwar's legal team said that her Malaysian counterpart had submitted a letter to the Sungai Buloh prison‎ dated September 10, informing them of yesterday's planned meeting.

"However, when we went to the prison this morning, I was not allowed to meet my client and no reasons were given.

"I would like to meet the Home Minister ‎to seek answers as to why I can't see Anwar," she said when met at the Home Ministry.

Motley, who was accompanied by lawyer ‎Raul Lee Bhaskaran, could not secure a meeting with Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi who was not in his office at that time.

"I will continue to try to meet both the Home Minister and Anwar while I'm here. I've travelled thousands of miles to see my clients and I'm denied access. This is a travesty of justice," said the United States' based lawyer.

Motley said she was appointed by Anwar to be his international legal adviser on September 7 and would be working on his case pro bono‎ or without any fees.

"I have known his case for a number of years have spoken to his lawyers and daughter (Nurul Izzah). I intend to be present in court with his Malaysian legal team whenever Anwar's case is on," she said.

Sungai Buloh prisons officials and Prisons director-general ‎Datuk Seri Zulkifli Omar could not be contacted for comments.

Source -The Star Online-


Post a Comment

 
Top