0

An 11-year-old girl who has been in and out of coma over the past three years is beginning to show signs of recovery.

Chan Yi Yuin slipped into a coma at the age of eight after she was infected with the H1N1 virus.

She spent seven months in the Penang Hospital since December 2012 and was discharged when she was able to breathe on her own.

Yi Yuin's mother, Chan Lai Khin, 40, said her daughter has shown tremendous progress over the last one year.

"She is now able to open her eyes and respond whenever I call her.

"When she is extremely alert, she is able to move her hands. 

"I am just hoping for miracles to happen and my daughter can lead a normal life like other children," she said

Lai Khin was forced to quit her job to take care of her daughter following her condition.

"I am willing to do anything for my only girl," she added when met at her house today.


Source –NST Online-



Post a Comment

 
Top