0

Homeless at the transit centre appeal for permanent jobs so they do not have to depend on others to survive.

KUALA LUMPUR: To secure a better future, the homeless have appealed to those willing to help them find permanent jobs.

An inmate at the Kuala Lumpur Homeless Transit Centre, Ahmad Sazali Md Salleh said if he was given the opportunity, he would no longer want to lead his life as a homeless person, expecting help from others to survive.

“Who wants to live like this? If possible, I want to stay in my own house and have a family life.

“Indeed, my friends and I here (transit centre) are thankful there are those willing to provide us with food and drinks, but most of us who are jobless hope there are parties who are willing to provide jobs for us,” he told Bernama.

Ahmad Sazali, 35, was met during the opening of the Kuala Lumpur Homeless Transit Centre located in Jalan Pahang here Saturday.

Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak officially opened the transit centre.

Ahmad Sazali, from Perak, said he had previously worked as a cleaner in his home state. However, he was forced to quit his job about two years ago, due to ill health.




He said after leaving his job, he followed his friend and moved to Kuala Lumpur to get a better job.

“But all the work available is heavy-duty, which is not appropriate with the state of my health. I don’t even have money to go back (and live in) my hometown…I am thus, forced to live like this.”

His wish to secure a job was echoed by another inmate, Nor Faradilla Zakaria, also 35, who hoped to get a permanent job to change her fate.

The widow of eight years said she needed a job to take care of her nine-year-old daughter.

“My daughter has to stay with my parents. Her food and schooling fees are also borne by them. So, if I get a permanent job, I will be able to rent my own home and live with her,” said Faradilla, from Negeri Sembilan.
– BERNAMA




-FMT NEWS-

Post a Comment

 
Top