0

Jamal Yunos called his arrest by the police “double standards” and wants the authorities to be fair in their action.

Speaking outside the Dang Wangi district police headquarters yesterday, the leader of the Red Shirts group said that although he understood the police’s responsibility in ensuring public order, he still could not accept the action.

“It’s double standards and an insult to me. Just imagine my wife’s feelings, especially my children, seeing their father arrested and handcuffed just after coming out of the arrival gate at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA).

“I do not deserve that. Therefore I declare war against Bersih and will mobilise the Red Shirts movement nationwide to fight Bersih,” he said.

Jamal, who was released on police bail at about 5pm after being remanded for two days, said police should also arrest those from Bersih.

Source -The Star Online


Post a Comment

 
Top