0

In the video, a voice closely resembling that of Muhyiddin Yassin speaks of a plot to have Najib Razak ousted along with a firm denial of having any part in it himself.

PETALING JAYA: Rumours of a plot to have Prime Minister Najib Razak removed from office have taken on a more definitive dimension, now that a video bearing an audio recording of a speech touching on the subject, has gone viral on social media.

According to The Star, the video in question bears a voice recording of an individual, believed to be that of former Deputy Prime Minister and Umno Deputy President Muhyiddin Yassin, most likely speaking to a group of people, judging from background noises.

The audio is heard over a montage of images.

The video opens with supers that read: “9 September 2015. TSMY (Muhyiddin) admits that there is a conspiracy to topple Najib. TSMY admits that the special funds of Umno which is managed by the president is a routine practice going way back.”




According to the news portal, it appears that portions of the speech that follow may have been edited. It is also believed to have been recorded before Muhyiddin was suspended from his post in Umno on February 26.

“Perhaps certain parties have predicted that there will be an extraordinary action from me, judging by Umno’s history and the actions of Anwar Ibrahim after he was sacked, but I want to clarify that I am not Anwar Ibrahim. I am Muhyiddin Yassin,” the voice says, as members of the audience are heard in the background.

“Regarding the issue of a conspiracy, here Datuk Zahid (inaudible), the conspiracy to topple the Government, I am not involved. Although there are efforts by certain parties who have invited me but I said no. I’m not a part of that. And thank you for your statement to say I am not involved in that.

“I know who is involved, I know what they want to do. Not to say that they want to topple the Government, but they want to change the Prime Minister. Even in that, I am not involved,” he says.

The news portal reported that at this point in the video, a screen capture of a tweet by news portal Sarawak Report, now banned from access in Malaysia, appears.

The tweet reads: “The charges against #Malaysian Prime Minister @NajibRazak.” This tweet is accompanies with images of an alleged charge sheet, the same document that was later rubbished by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).




A sentence from the tweet reading: “Although he has denied involvement in the conspiracy but he has never reported this to the president or the Umno Supreme Council before he was sacked as deputy prime minister” appears edited above the image, the article said.

“In this, the deputy prime minister as (inaudible) must have Special Branch information and whatnot. I know that is the system of our government. The proof is that I am not involved. I know what I must do and I must be responsible over what I have done.

“If you (Datuk Seri) remember, I have never questioned, I have never asked. I became deputy president in 2009 until now, but I have never questioned the special funds. Because I know that the special funds are something that is managed by the president,” the audio says.




-FMT NEWS-

Post a Comment

 
Top